We made a video! Woo hoo!
Through my facebook page I have been releasing videos leading up to the launch of my course.
I wanted to post them here for you to check out.
Places are still available, send me an email or check out my event to join. email@example.com
Playback Theatre is an opportunity to:
- Master new experiences of acting, music and storytelling
- Thrive creatively in a place of expression
- Be connected to your soul voice
- Have purposeful exchange with others
- Build a deeper self-practice
- Experience meaningful telling and holding of our stories
- Ignite a journey to deeper understanding of yourself
- Honour the experiences of others
Come and join me for your experience of playback theatre
- Expand on the ideas that ignite creativity in yourself
- Physicalize your story
- Vocalise your story
- Deepen self-process alongside others sharing a common experience.
- Be present alongside others, building on connection and communication skills.
- Engage in a deeper level of play, expression and creativity.
- Build a meaningful and deeper connection with other participants.
Get our early bird rate of $90 when paid for by 25th October 2017
- Short course of six weeks held weekly providing a more in-depth look at the practice of playback theatre
- Playback Theatre forms and techniques unique to the Southern Hemisphere
- Access to teleconferences and playback resources from around the world
- Facebook groups: Playback around the World, Playback Down Under, Intro to Playback group
$120 for the six week course
$20 a session
Thumbs Up, 5 Elizabeth St, Petone
Monday nights 7pm -9pm
30th October, 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th November, 4th December
11th Dec, Closing social function: A Playback Christmas, good food and fun
Venue: Petone Depot, Doreen Dollan Mall, Beside Petone Library
It doesn't matter where you are, a creative space can be made.
To me a Creative Space is defined by the making of creativity, then a space. So it's really is open as you want it to be as far as making creativity happen. In our case I think about my group Alpha Omega Playback Theatre Company which is an amalgamation of five different groups in the Wellington region. Alpha and Active from Idea Services, Ace house, Mana College and Thumbs Up.
Our participants come out from their services to weekly rehearsal, we are building our own "Creative space" at Thistle Hall on Fridays. Our creative space is filled with, movement, action, gesture, stories, connection, relationships, play, voice, singing, speaking, shouting and fun.
Creative Spaces largely determined by the platform and we present it in. I chose playback theatre is a platform for creativity I have 15 years' experience of playback across New Zealand and internationally and I know that it was very accessible for the participants for them to source their stories and express themselves through creativity.
The group has grown it's experience and capacity and now we look to build on "Creative Spaces" in different environments, putting into practice our art form and inviting people into our creativity.
So far is we have had a series of road trips over the last year to enable greater accessibility and opportunities for story sharing in the community. From retirement villages to schools and disability services. For the duration of that performance Creative Spaces have been for us a place to communicate what we've been learning in our rehearsal. I've always found that it goes to the next level as everyone lifts their game with the idea of being seen and heard by an audience.
Currently we are coaching our group on creating intimacy on stage to honor the stories told. Also viewing stories as a gift. We are a platform for creativity, ultimately in the sharing of a story we are giving it back as a gift in thanks for sharing it.